Great Plugin

Great Plugin

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just a thank you to the maintainers of this module.  I really like the direction that the development is taking with the workshop module.  For me this has been the plugin to watch as each new revision makes this more usable and easier to understand the workflow process.

After upgrading to 2.5.1 and trying this module I am very impressed with how it has been simplified.  

Great job.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Great Plugin

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris

Thanks for your kind words. Happy users are the biggest satisfaction - and motivation - for every free software developer. I am really sorry that my current tasks on other Moodle projects do not give me more time to work on further improvements of the module. There are some really interesting and demanded features from the community on my todo list to be added. Sooner or later, I will get to them, for sure smile

I am sure that not only me in this forum would be happy to hear some case studies or just examples of how you use Workshop in your school.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Great Plugin

by Keith C -

I have not tried the workshop module in a course I test it and always arrive at workflow issues for both the instructors and the students.  However, I am most excited about this module over any of the others really.  Just because it needs some work doesn't mean it shouldn't be commended.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

I am launching a course next week where, for the first time, I will be using the workshop format a lot.  However, I chose to run them in forums as opposed to the workshop module.  I can't wait to see how workshop can be put to use though once some of the workflow challenges are solved...the biggest thing to get your head around is how the time frames of everything work online.  That must be very challenging as a developer.