Course list border missing

Course list border missing

by Nathan Friend -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

Some categories on our Moodle site have border around the list of courses, others do not.  How can I enable the border?

Example attached.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Attachment course_list.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathan Friend

Re: Course list border missing

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Without seeing the navbar breadcrumb its difficult to know what page you are talking about. Could you list what you see in the breadcrumb navigation bar for both pages ? And also which version of Moodle you are using?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Nathan Friend -

Hello Mary,

Thank you for replying so quickly.  Moodle version is 2.2.6+ Build 20121214.  Both are sub categories, see attached.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Attachment c1.jpg
In reply to Mary Evans

by Nathan Friend -

Hello Mary,

Thank you for replying so quickly.  Moodle version is 2.2.6+ Build 20121214.  Both are sub categories, see attached.

Cheers,

Nathan.

Attachment c1.jpg

by Nathan Friend -

Attachment 2

Attachment c2.jpg

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

They may well be sub-categories, but obviously are different in some ways. Has one got courses and the other not? As this is the only thing I can think of.

For example:

• CAT 1
    1. COURSE 1
    2. COURSE 2
    3. COURSE 3
  • CAT 2
    • Sub Category A
      1. course 1a
      2. course 2a
      3. course 3a

Category 1 would display differently that Category 2 because it has courses

Category A would be displayed like Category 1 because it too has courses

At least I think that#s how it works.

It's a bit strange really, but it's all down to the page it lands in.

To find out you would need to enable 'display page info' in Settings > Development > Debugging which lists the information about the layout in the footer of the page.

I don't suppose you could get me a temp user ID / password for your site so I could investigate to see it it is a problem with the Aardvark theme or just Moodle?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Nathan Friend -

Hi Mary,

Both have courses.

The page info for the first screen grab is: This page is: General type: coursecategory. Context Category: Public Services Level 1 Diploma BTEC (context id 54852). Page type course-category.

And the second is: This page is: General type: coursecategory. Context Category: Public Services Level 2 Diploma NCFE (context id 54855). Page type course-category.

The pageinfo didn't show up in the Aardvark theme but did in Standard theme.  How could I investigate if it's a Moodle or Aardvark problem?

Cheers,

Nathan.

by Mary Evans -

That is because the footer is all wrong in the Aardvark theme.

To find out if it is a Moodle prob or a an Aardvark prob just used the Standard theme and let me know if it looks the way you think it does. If it looks like Aardvark then that is the way the page styles it...so it is a Moodle 'feature'.

Try the Afterburner  theme see what it looks like in that theme.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Nathan Friend -

Hi Mary,

Same problem in Afterburner so not an Aardvark problem.  I've discovered if there are less than 10 courses in a category the labels are left justified.  Over ten and labels get the formatted box.

Not sure why moodle renders pages like this.  Any idea which function builds the course list so I can stop this behaviour.

Cheers,

Nathan.