ddMarker_Image Problems.

ddMarker_Image Problems.

by Rodney Wolford -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I posted an earlier query about this that got zero responses. I decided that my question lacked images and clarity. So I am providing images along with discussion to try to get some feedback.

First, the discussion. I cannot understand what logic would accept an image uploaded to Moodle appearing in one location with one sharpness and resolution and the same image uploaded in another location in Moodle having an exceedingly inferior sharpness and resolution. Does this sound reasonable to anyone? Perhaps. But not to me.

Second, the images. Below are two uploads of the same image, same resolution, appearing in two different locations.

One, the sharper one, goes into a lesson. The second, the unacceptable sharpness one, is uploaded into a ddMarker Image quiz. Same image, but tremendous difference in sharpness.

The second un-sharp image is so bad that I am getting complaints from trainees that they can't make out the details to take the quiz!

Here is my previous link on this and what I am trying to find out. https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=234187

Hopefully someone will see that this circumstance for the sharpness of the ddMarker Image quiz is unacceptable and offer some comment.

Regards,

Rod

Attachment dd_marker_Quiz_Image.png
Attachment Image_as_Appears_in_Lesson.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodney Wolford

Re: ddMarker_Image Problems.

by Joshua Bragg -

It looks to me like you're using an image that is larger than the 600x400 size limit for ddmarker.  That's noted in the documentation.

I'd suggest resizing the image in Photoshop to get it clearer.  I'm assuming that the question type is just getting the browser to resize the image. Tim could answer you better about forcing the size to be larger.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joshua Bragg

by Jamie Pratt -

Hi,

Sorry I missed your previous post.

This discussion talks about the same problem with larger images in drag and drop to image question types. The problem you are experiencing and the solution would be the same.

I also made a note about this in the DD marker question type README. The note refers to the problem in the context of converting from image target question types but it is the same problem.

So either reduce the size of the images you are using for the question or increase the maximum image size that will not be re-sized by editing these constants in question/type/ddmarker/questiontype.php

Cheers,

Jamie

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jamie Pratt

by Rodney Wolford -

Thanks, both, for your responses.

In particular Jamie, your fix was just what I was after. I just knew the image size had to be changeable, but I was just looking in the wrong place. I thought image size limits would have been set in .css, not .php.

As a newbie user I am often confused by what is .css and what is .php. Any enlightening generalizations that would help me to understand this?

Anyway thanks again for information and the fix.

Regards,

Rod

P.S. I had tried search for this issue on the forum, but did not use a term that included "background." I did not think of the question image as a background image, so I missed it.