Moodle 2.5/Login Problems

Moodle 2.5/Login Problems

by luna moon -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I have a question regarding issues with when users are trying to login in my Moodle site....So far we have tested it with few students approximately 32 students. with that said once they try to login, it only loads and loads which is causing us problems because they cannot proceed to the course. I have read 'Performance recommendations' but I'll be quite honest I'm completely new to all this stuffs... anyways they talked about 'PHP Performance' ( php accelerator). Is that necessary or does moodle have maybe a setting that can be change in order to stop this from happening??

thanks

smile Luna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to luna moon

Re: Moodle 2.5/Login Problems

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

What happens if you purge your Moodle caches using http://yourdomain/admin/purgecaches.php?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

Re: Moodle 2.5/Login Problems

by luna moon -

Hi Luis,

Thanks for replying back......I went ahead and purge the moodle cache and well so far it keeps loading so slow.

smileLuna

In reply to luna moon

Re: Moodle 2.5

by luna moon -

Hi Luis,

I wanted to let you know that after I purge the cache it was going slow but after awhile we did not have any problems students were able to log in to our platform pretty quick. Now i have seen that I have to restart Apache server every time (e.g. when students are creating their accounts) and do not know why is happening. In the services properties for Apache the start up type is set to Automatic so I figured that the server should be running automatically. There is another option ' Automatic (Delayed Start) could that be a choice to help me with that because I want to avoid that issue from happening when students comes in to take their courses.

Thank you,

smileLuna