layout problems in 2.5 latest

layout problems in 2.5 latest

by Brian Yare -
Number of replies: 9

I have just upgraded from 1.9.15 through 1.9.19, 2.0, 2.2 to 2.5 latest.

After a lot of problems probably caused by my ftp of files to the server I have finally got a Moodle site up with at least most of my old content.

But everything is in a single column on the left of the screen. I do not seem to be able to arrange things into 3 columns as before.

Help!

The site is at http://www.yare.freeola.org/moodle_25

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Yare

Re: layout problems in 2.5 latest

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Brian

It is looking like that css is missing from your site.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Brian Yare -

css sounds like a good idea, but why would it not have installed automatically?

I've simplified the address of my new site to http://www.yare.freeola.org/moodle (mainly so I don't have to update my cron, but also that is where my users will expect it when I take it out of Maintenance mode).

In reply to Brian Yare

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Brian,

Have you tried by purging the Moodle cache: Administration > Development > Purge all caches.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Brian Yare -

Guiillermo,

I tried this. Also cleared caches and cookies in my browser with no effect. But thanks for the thought.

In reply to Brian Yare

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Does turning off the slasharguments option in your HTTP settings help (Site administration / Server / HTTP)?

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Brian Yare -

Luis,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it made no difference.

If all else fails I could go back to 1.9, remove my slightly customised theme (based on Metal) and try the upgrade again.

In reply to Brian Yare

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Is that "slightly customised theme (based on Metal)" theme a Moodle 1.9 theme? 1.9 themes don't work in Moodle 2.x.

Try switching to the Standard theme in the 2.5 site. Do you still get the problem? If not then you know that your customised theme needs to be fixed for 2.5.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Brian Yare -

I went back to 1.9, removed the theme, proceeded back through 2.0 and 2.2 (because I could not make the jump in a single step).

2.2 is fine. But when I go to 2.5 I again hit the problem which is probably with CSS.

At the moment I am trying to check out 2.4 for this site.

Thanks for trying

Brian

2.4 seems fine. I only lose the layout with 2.5. While I suspect that a bad ftp transfer somewhere may be the problem I'd like not to have to search every file.

The current (2.4) site is at http://www.yare.freeola.org/moodle_24

Brian

In reply to Brian Yare

by Brian Yare -

I may have posted too soon - in 2.4 my administrator user has lost some capabilities - such as editing my own profile and password. I will bash on this evening, maybe editing the database by hand.

Updating moodle is such a pain!