Accoumts with the name anonfirstname

Accoumts with the name anonfirstname

by Giovanni Martinez -
Number of replies: 4

I am getting a lot of users with anonfirstname as name. I don't know where they come from. Has this Happened to anyone else? How do you get rid of them?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giovanni Martinez

Re: Accoumts with the name anonfirstname

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Giovanni,

You end up with users with anonfirstname when you create a Course backup and have ticked the 'Anonymize user information' checkbox. You can delete the accounts if you do not want to keep the user data.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Sue Holtz -

I created course backups on our old 2.2 site and restored them to our new 2.5 site. On backup I made the users anonymous. I now have about three dozen anonusers on my site. If I delete the users from the courses in which they are enrolled and then from the site, will I lose the data that they brought with them to the wikis on the new site? They are showing up as instructors in classes, which then shows up on the course list pages and looks weird.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sue Holtz

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I guess you have a few options.

1. If you delete them, you will lose all data associated with them, including their wiki contributions.

2. You could change their role to something else so that they don't show up as teachers in the course list.  Non-editing teacher for example - I would check with one to make sure that you save their data when you do this and that it isn't somehow tied to the teacher role as well.

3. You could change your front page settings and not show the names of the teachers there.  

4. You could hide those specific courses, unless you need everyone to be able to see them.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)