Student's view: repeated sessions

Student's view: repeated sessions

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi all,

Maybe I'm missing something but I'd like to know why do I get repeated sessions while in student view. Wasn't supposed to be only one line by session?

In this print screen you can see for instance that 9.09.13 (Mon) appears 2 times with the exact same information.

exemplo

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thank you in advance

Hugo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

Re: Student's view: repeated sessions

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you post a screenshot of the Sessions from the teacher view?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Hugo Ribeiro -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

teacher view

All the sessions for September

In reply to Hugo Ribeiro

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You are right - doing it on mine too - appears to be a bug.  I have added a tracker item for this.

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-4514

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

NeillM has just filed a pull request to fix this by improving the SQL query used to obtain the data - I've checked this for security but haven't tested it or looked at the performance implications - If others here could test this and let me know that would be appreciated - please also provide information on the Database type you have tested it on (mysql/postgres/MS SQl) etc

you can get the latest code with the patch here:
https://github.com/danmarsden/moodle-mod_attendance/archive/master.zip

This code hasn't been pushed to the version in the Moodle plugins db yet - I'll wait for confirmation from others before I do this.

thanks to Neill!