Making a sitewide report available to a role

Making a sitewide report available to a role

by Kieran Briggs -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I have created a report which lets me display a list of all courses and statistics for each course based on a department head role.  I want the users in that role to be able to view and run that report.

Currently it shows in site administration > reports > Departmental Report.

Is is possible for me to give access to just that single report to the department head role through that route?  If so, how?

Thanks

Kieran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kieran Briggs

Re: Making a sitewide report available to a role

by Constance Horne -

I would like something similar. How did you create this report?

I see a lack of reporting in Moodle for businesses. Our departments need to know where their employees are are far as mandated training.

In addition, there is no way to split departments into sub-groups for reporting.

But I would like just basic reporting and rights to see the department level report as right to be assigned a role and then multiple people in a department can be given that role.

In reply to Constance Horne

Re: Making a sitewide report available to a role

by Kieran Briggs -

Hi,

I've created this report from Scratch.

I have a Role that attaches to each course called Department Head.  This report aggregates all courses where there are assigned and provides a quantitive summary of each course.

There is also a Sitewide Role of Dept. Head where they are all attached.  This lets them run this report off themselves.

Once i've completed it and used proper code to create it I intend to release it on here if people think it is helpful

Thanks

Kieran

Attachment DeptUsageReport.png