I want a role that can create but not delete users

I want a role that can create but not delete users

by Steve Ratcliffe -
Number of replies: 1

Hi I'm trying to set up a type of role that would allow for a user to create but not delete users. (Perhaps this role exists already and I just don''t understand it yet.)

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/post.php?reply=0&forum=941&edit=0&delete=0&prune=0&name&confirm=0&groupid

I created a user called 'Organizer' based on the ARCHETYPE: Manager

I thought I had what I needed, but when  'delete user' permission is removed then the 'Organizer' cannot access the create user or even list users.

My goal was to have a role that can create and manage their own users, not courses, but not those created by others.

I wanted to use the role for entering attendees of trainings we run in different countries, add the attendance block and certificate functions, so far so good with thos items.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ratcliffe

Re: I want a role that can create but not delete users

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hi Steve,

if your goal is "to have a role that can create and manage their own users, not courses, but not those created by others", then it should be noted that users management functions in standard Moodle core are site level functions, so a role capable to manage users need to be assigned at site level, thus that role will be able to manage all users accounts, even users accounts created by others.