Problem deleting moodle course

Problem deleting moodle course

by Nathan Cobb -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

We're doing our summer maintenance activities at the moment to prepare moodle for the new academic year and we've hit a problem deleting an old course.  I've attached a screenshot with the error shown including the debugging information.

Having created a new course and deleted it (which works fine), it appears that it is failing before it can get through the statement "Deleted - Activity Modules".  The debugging info suggests it is due to a table called mdl_gradingform_rubric_criteria being missing from the database.  Having checked I can confirm it doesn't exist.  Given these two pieces of information I would surmise it has something to do with the assignment module as there were assignments present in the course but I don't have any reason to believe a rubric has been used at any stage.

I can no longer get into the course to check the content as the delete process appears to have removed enough to prevent this and I get an error when trying to access the course.

The backup process is still trying to back the course up however and I am getting errors emailed because this course is always unfinished.

I'm not sure what to do for the best.  If I can find the relevant information for the missing table somewhere, will it allow the course to be deleted even if there is no information on that course in the table?  Should I just delete the course record from the mdl_course table and live with the fact that there will be redundant data in other tables?

I'm not sure if this is relevant but I believe that the course would have been created in moodle 2.0 or 2.1.  I'm pretty confident however that any assignments in it were created after the assignment module upgrade in 2.4.  There would have been older assignment 2.2 assignments present in the course in the past but they were deleted.  I don't think any of the assignments in this particular course were converted and assignment 2.2 has been disabled since January 2013.

I hope this makes sense.  Any advice would be gratefully received at this point.

Moodle System Information
Moodle - 2.5.1+ (Build: 20130719)
PHP - 5.3.10
MySQL - 5.5.13
Server - Windows Server 2008 R2 - IIS7

Attachment DeleteCourseError.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathan Cobb

Re: Problem deleting moodle course

by Louise Bennett -

Hi Nathan,

Did you ever manage to get this sorted? I'm having the same problem. 

Thanks!

Louise