Simple Gradebook layout - Please Test

Simple Gradebook layout - Please Test

by Fernando Oliveira -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

We have developed a gradebook layout called "Simple Gradebook" as an added feature to our Marking Manager plugin.

The Simple Gradebook is meant to provide a quick overview of student progress, as shown in the image below. We are considering turning Simple Gradebook into a separate block (or gradebook report/plugin) if there is enough interest. 

Feel free to play with this plugin in our demo site here: http://moodlefn1.knet.ca/demo/m25/

Comments welcome.

Thanks,

Fernando

Attachment simple_gradebook.gif
In reply to Fernando Oliveira

Re: Simple Gradebook layout - Please Test

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Fernando.

Your block is fantastic! Just what I need on my Moodle 2.5. Just one thing that's driving me nuts. When I click the "Gradebook" link on the block, I get this major error:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.moodurian.com/cefl/blocks/fn_marking/simple_gradebook.php?id=2. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.

What could be wrong? I've done the same thing on your demo site as a Teacher, and I when I click the "Gradebook" link on the block, I get the very nice Simple Gradebook table with the green ticks and red crosses. So I can't understand (yet) why on my Moodle production site, I get the error message.

Regards
Frankie

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Fernando Oliveira -

Hi Frankie, Can you check to see if you are using the latest version? If you are, could you turn editing on and post the error report here?

Thanks,

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

by Logan Modine -

Definitely interested in this.  The 2.0+ gradebook is confusing for our teachers who've been using 1.8 over the years ... actually it's just overly complicated in general.