Sorry I am just now getting back into the discussion - but I am afraid I won't be of much help.
Dora - it sounds like we are having the same problem. Especially if this is occurring in Moodle 2.5. Our Google Apps integration was working well in 2.4. I started a separate discussion (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=235389), asking if anyone has had success using Google User Sync block with 2.5. No one has replied, and I ma beginning to wonder if it is even possible.
I did increase the password field in the mdl_block_gapps table (to 512), and that did get rid of one particular error, but user creation did not resume.
I've tried it both with and without the code that Rob referred to. Still no user creation, but I did see that a user I deleted from Moodle was deleted from Google Apps - automatically.
Events and Provisioning API are enabled.
With debugging turned on, I do get the following on the "Add users to sync" and "Users being synced" pages of the Google User Sync block:
Strict Standards: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method block_gdata::view() should not be called statically in /usr/share/moodle/lib/blocklib.php on line 1606
Strict Standards: Non-static method block_gdata::has_capability() should not be called statically in /usr/share/moodle/blocks/gdata/block_gdata.php on line 252
I don't know enough to know if these or related or how to fix them. I do have access - line 1606 in /moodle/lib/blocklib.php is:
return call_user_func(array('block_'.$blockname, $method), $param);
And /moodle/blocks/gdata/block_gdata.php on line 252 is:
We still have the green check and the message that "Authentication with Google Apps was successful". And when I run the gdata cron, it appears to be synching the existing users.
Our Single Sign On still works great - but only for Google Apps users that were created before the update to 2.5.
It is only the new user creation that is broken.
I do notice that all of the Moodle accounts that do not get created in Google Apps have a longer password in the mdl_block_gapps table - and they all start with "$2y$10$". I understand that this is due to the new password salting system. I still wonder if that feature of 2.5 is what broke our user creation sync.
And, since so many other issues I've had were ultimately resolved with the appropriate check box, I'm hoping that this issue will be an easy fix! I just don't yet know what that fix is.
Thanks, Rob, for all of your help. Good luck Dora!