Allowing guests to preview quizzes

Allowing guests to preview quizzes

by Robin Turner -
Number of replies: 2
I recently set up an instance of Moodle 2.5 for some colleagues who want to have quizzes open to the world, so I need to allow guests to preview quizzes (since attempting quizzes is impossible). However, when logged in as a guest, if I clock on a quiz I just get "Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (View quiz information)." I've set "View quiz information" to "Allow" anywhere in the sire I can find it. If anyone has an idea as to what is causing this, I'd be grateful to hear it. The site is https://busel-moodle.bilkent.edu.tr/ecope/
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robin Turner

Re: Allowing guests to preview quizzes

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If I recall correctly, the ability for guests to preview quizzes (which was possible in 1.9 ) is no longer possible in Moodle 2. There is talk of it in this tracker MDL-17892 If you really want quizzes open to the world you'd have to make an account shared by -er -the world and allow the quizzes to be retaken lots of times.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Allowing guests to preview quizzes

by Robin Turner -
Thanks - that was what I feared! I think they're going to get round the problem by using temporary accounts.