Upload file limit? -restoring a backup course (2.5.1)

Upload file limit? -restoring a backup course (2.5.1)

by Chris Chapman -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, we recently updated to 2.5.1 on our production server and am migrating courses across from another server (2.3.2)- by restoring course backups from the other server, which has worked well until I found courses above 100MB. I got an error sess_limit_exceeded, therefore I raised the the post_max_size in php.ini from 50MB to 500MB, and restarted server, thought this would fix it. but now its saying it exceeds the "upload_max_filesize" aswel.

is there anyway to get round this- surely the repository isn't completly controlled by the values in the .ini is it? 

Attachment moodle upload error.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Chapman

Re: Upload file limit? -restoring a backup course (2.5.1)

by Dave Pacione -

Hi, try changing the upload_max_filesize limit too. I think you may need to then change the limit within moodle itself too

In reply to Dave Pacione

by Chris Johnson -

Thanks Dave. I tried that as well. Looks like it's time to upgrade and hope GoDaddy's php and databases have updated since I first installed.

In reply to Chris Chapman

by Susan Mangan -

Do you have shell access? 

You can SCP the backup file over to the other server.  Place it into data/repository/ and then go into the actual course on your new Moodle server and create a new file repository instance.

When you go to restore the course, choose this new file repository instance and the backup file will be there to choose.

Note: I'm on 2.4 not 2.5 so I don't know how different repositories are between the 2 versions.