Moodle data locking

Moodle data locking

by Denis Boroja -
Number of replies: 2

Hello .. I am kinda new to this entire thread on Moodle so my apologies if this is not the right forum to discuss this.

The question or the help I need is with Moodle data locking. Is there a way in moodle to lokc previous years worth of data or I'd need to build a custom code for this. I am not talking here only about grades, but locking any changes to quizes, adding documents to a previous year course etc.

For example, I have a Moodle 1.9 that we used in academic year 2011, now for this year (2012) we used Moodle 2.3 and for the new year 2013 we will use 2.5 version of Moodle. Is there a way in Moodle to have a single user interface where they can view data for 2011 and 2012 however, they (users including faculty) will not be able to make any changes to the 2011 and 2012 data but can to 2013.

Currently we are keeping dual sites with multiple database and year based dedicated url's.

Thanks,

D.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Denis Boroja

Re: Moodle data locking

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
There is no "read only" feature in Moodle.

As an idea: How about migrating the old sites to a virtual server(s) and using the snap-shot function of the virtualization to reset the VM to its "frozen" state?