I have begun using CC because I believe that we may be required soon to use it and I do not want to need to redo my work. I don't know practically how IT could edit your Camtasia files and keep you in the loop. This is my sequence: I
- train Camtasia to recognize my voice. This is preliminary prep not related to a particular project.
- write a script before or after the non-audio screen capture.
- read technical words from the script into the voice training of CC. This improves the CC voice to text translation later.
- create the presentation, usually screen demos without audio
- record the audio by reading the script.
- do the editing by aligning the audio tracks and video tracks in the Camtasia editor(extending frames, cutting and moving audio tracks, adding callouts etc.
- After everything else is finished I add the CC captions.
- Review the captions and compare with the script. Cut and paste from the script if necessary to fix.
Once nice unexpected benefit of the CC feature was a search feature where the viewer could navigate by key word search. For a short 5 to 10 minute video, it does take about half an hour to complete the CC.