Lesson not resuming properly.

Lesson not resuming properly.

by Gabriel R. -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, I have a pretty basic lesson, but it is not acting the way I would hope.  Basically, its a policy "contract".   It has 180 pages, and at the end of each page the user must select the option "I have read and understand this page.  Please take me to the next page".

Thus, the goals are:

1. Users who get 100% are the users who have clicked "I agree" for every page
2. Since the guide is 180 pages, students must be able to sign out, and then resume from the last page.

I created the quiz using 180 multiple choice questions, which two answers:
1. I agree take me to the next page (1 point) (and points to the title of the next page)
2. I do not understand (0 points) (goes to "this page" again)

However, a student can answer 70 questions, log out, log back in, goto the activtity, and even though they see this message:

You have seen more than one page of this lesson already.
Do you want to start at the last page you saw?

It takes them back to the 2nd multichoice question! (it does, however, keep adding points... so I answer page 1, page 2 and page 3, and have 3/3.  I logout, log back in, and I repeat page2 and page 3, now im at 5/5.  logout and back in again, do page 2 and page 3 AGAIN, and get 7/7, for answering the same 2 questions 3 times).

Is this a known bug?  Anyone have any suggestions please!

I'm using Moodle 2.5+.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gabriel R.

Re: Lesson not resuming properly.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Gabriel,

This problem has certainly been posted here before, but I can't remember if and how we solved it. Anyway, so I can try to replicate it I need your FULL COMPLETE lesson settings.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Gabriel R. -

Editing:

Settings:

In reply to Gabriel R.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for the settings details, GAbriel.

I have tried to replicate your problem, using all your lesson settings, and everything is fine, i.e. when a student leaves a lesson before the end, they get taken to the last page they saw.

If you want me to pursue the matter, please email me (my email is in my profile) and attach a copy of your Lesson so I can try it out on my local Moodle 2.5 test site.

Joseph