Styleselect option (TinyMCE 3.4.9) not working in Windows II7-hosted Moodle

Styleselect option (TinyMCE 3.4.9) not working in Windows II7-hosted Moodle

by Mari Cruz García -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

Following my last post, while  the solution of adding the line:

'theme_advanced_buttons1' => "fontselect,fontsizeselect,formatselect,styleselect",

in the file moodle\lib\editor\tinymce\lib.php allowed me to add new styles without problems using a Wamp test server,

This solution is not working in a Windows-IIS7 hosted Moodle.

The line "fontselect,fontsizeselect,formatselect,styleselect", stops the TinyMCE buttons from being displayed.

I have checked that the versions of TinyMCE are the same: 3.4.9 and that the configuration of Moodle 2.2.4 is exactly the same for both sites.

The two Moodle sites are staging sites of the same production site (same database, moodledata folder, etc).

I know that it is the 'styleselect' bit which is not working in the Windows-hosted windows, because if I comment that bit, all the buttons of TinyMCE are uploaded on screen.

I checked the configuration documentation of TinyMCE, but it doesn't say anything about this weird problem.

I wonder if other Windows users have managed to add their own styles to the editor or not.

Regards,

Mari Cruz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mari Cruz García

Re: Styleselect option (TinyMCE 3.4.9) not working in Windows II7-hosted Moodle

by Mari Cruz García -

I just let you know that I fixed the problem:

Reading in Internet fora, I found a thread about security issues with TinyMCE files in Windows II7 and the way that TinyMCE must be encoded.

In my case, Windows II7 did not like the new TinyMCE lib.php file that I modified using Dreamweaver (default codification in Dreamweaver).

I have to open the lib.php file in Windows II7 using Notepad+ and make again all the changes, then saving the file as 'ANSI-php extension' in Notepad+.

It did work then.

I hope that this information is useful.