help needed with 1)automatic course filling in with acticities and 2)using mongodb for storing assignment files

help needed with 1)automatic course filling in with acticities and 2)using mongodb for storing assignment files

by keymaker keymaker -
Number of replies: 0

Hello

I've been using Moodle 1.9 for years and i find it a really good job done. Now, after having a deep recognition of what 2.4 offers i decided to change to that one. Also, for all these years I used moodle the way it was provided after an installation and it suited all my needs without any development or improvements. But upon a general changes (version, looks a.s.o.) i decided to put some improvements in it.

One of them is course creation with automatic filling in with standard activities as chat, some static webpages, one default file assignment and some minor standard modules. I am a beginner with moodle development but have some basic object-oriented programming projects behind, so i can usually understand the code after a while of analyse. Can anyone give me a tip on how to start or where to find  some more information about course creation and automatic activities adding? I have already searched the net for information but only found a tip to use backup-restore function which is a bit amateurishness to me, if there is a way to put a simple piece of code under a button on the page.

The other thing is using mongodb as an assignment files store for the site - it is fast and file-oriented and can be used for automatic cross-file search, investigation, statistics a.s.o. I've seen mongodb support for caching purposes in moodle but never an option to use it to keep files.

thank you in advance for help and offer mine if anyone finds it useful

Average of ratings: -