TinyMCE & IE & Moodle 2.5+ = terribly slow

TinyMCE & IE & Moodle 2.5+ = terribly slow

by Márton Bacsó -
Number of replies: 2

Dear fellow Moodle users, I need your help again sad

I upgraded from 2.4 to 2.5 a month ago. Everything was fine, except that it took at least 15 seconds for the TinyMCE editor to load. Because it was already the end of the term I didn't took it as a serious problem, since I was planning to do a clean install in the summer anyway.

Now, that I've installed a clean 2.5+ I've got the problem back. I've done a small research and it seems that it only persist under Internet Explorer (Chrome works fine) and IF I have these plugins turned on:

CTRL+right click helper
moodlemedia
moodlenolink

When I turn them off, TinyMCE is as fast as it should be, but if I turn on ANY of them, TinyMCE will load as slow as a dead snail.

I know that in 2.5 TinyMCE version was changed to 3.5.8, is it possible to revert back to 3.5.7 without reinstalling moodle?

Thank you for any advice you can give me! smile

Márton

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Márton Bacsó

Re: TinyMCE & IE & Moodle 2.5+ = terribly slow

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Does IE load fast for you on moodle.org or some other moodle server running 2.5? If yes it is probably a configuration issue on your server. There are several settings that affect performance such as js caching or theme designer mode, proxy caches may cause problems, some web servers such as IIS are notoriously problematic to get configured properly, etc.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Petr Skoda

Re: TinyMCE & IE & Moodle 2.5+ = terribly slow

by Márton Bacsó -

Thank you for your answer! No, on moodle.org, it is OK as well. I am running my site on a VPS, which is operated by a company not reletaed to my school, so I need to have some information before I call them with my problem. The VPS runs under Linux, so IIS shouldn't be the problem. I am using the latest decaf theme, but previously I'd used something else.