Folder resource not displaying name when inline in 2.5

Folder resource not displaying name when inline in 2.5

by Glenn Sisson -
Number of replies: 2

The folder resource in 2.5+ when displayed inline on the course page does not show the resource name.

This does not change if I select the "display description on course page." It does show description, just not the resource name. 

It does display the resource name when it is to be shown on a separate page.

See attached images.

Will create bug on tracker if no obvious solution given.

Thanks, Glenn.

Attachment Folder inline.PNG
Attachment Folder seperate.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenn Sisson

Re: Folder resource not displaying name when inline in 2.5

by Glenn Sisson -

I am also questioning why there is a full width box around the folder resource when displayed inline together with a significant amount of padding above the resource (as seen in first image above).

Looks clunky! 

In reply to Glenn Sisson

Re: Folder resource not displaying name when inline in 2.5

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Glenn,

I just changed the way I was going to answer...hope it doesn't get sent out before I can edit this. When using the inline setting you can simulate the folder name by making the folder description the same as the folder name and then checking the box to show description.

Note the help for  Display Folder Contents: "If you choose to display the folder contents on a course page, there will be no link to a separate page and the title will not be displayed. The description will be displayed only if "Display description on course page" is checked.
Also note that participants view actions can not be logged in this case."

Hope this helps,

AL