fields in grade for customfields text box

fields in grade for customfields text box

by Danniel Fred -
Number of replies: 5
hi guys, anyone can advise how to use these customfields input textbook in the administration page > grades.. i want to make the custom fields appear along with user details in the grade book i have tried all possible ways to put there in order to have them in gradeboox but didn't work.. please help and advise
In reply to Danniel Fred

Re: fields in grade for customfields text box

by Danniel Fred -

okay, here is the screen i am talking about

please help

Attachment grade_export_fields_3.png
In reply to Danniel Fred

by Alan Kmiecik -

Hey, what kind of results are you getting?  I can get my custom field to show up but then the field is blank in the report.

In reply to Alan Kmiecik

by Danniel Fred -

hi, i am getting nothing actually

what do you insert exactly in that custom field text-box

i still wounder why nobody answers this question and this subject is in the dark without any details about it,, then nobody gives any info no matter where here in this forums or any other place over the net, not even using the private messages nobody gives info

is it secret or something?

In reply to Danniel Fred

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I just played with this and discovered the following.

Firstly, in a custom field text-box you put the name of your custom profile field.  A custom profile field is a field that has been set up by admin to track something that it not normally in the profile in Moodle.

For example, I have a District field because I deal with multiple school districts.  If I just put "District" (name of field) in the setup field, then when I do a grade export, I will get an additional column showing the District that my students attend.  I have seen a couple of people saying that it is not populating but mine is.  I would think that maybe the field name is not entered correctly.