Copy/Paste a group of assignments.

Copy/Paste a group of assignments.

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 6

I have five activities that I want to place in each week and then make minor modifications.  Please tell me that there is a method to create the first set then copy/paste the group into each block and I will be happy .....

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Copy/Paste a group of assignments.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Check out the "import" option in the Course Administration

In reply to Howard Miller

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Alternatively you could click on the "duplicate" button for each one and duplicate it - but you have to do that one at a time.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

After a quick check-out, I wonder if import  will allow a few lines from one week to be imported into specific weeks.  If it does, it maybe more work than it deserves and duplicate one line at a time is probably the way I am going to have to go.

Maybe it will be in 2.9.....

by Derek Chirnside -

If you are serious about this Steve you should make some proposals in the tracker. Check out what is there first of course. 

-Derek

by Russell Waldron -

Steve, I'm trying to make the process explicit so I can check what the issue is. Is this right?

1. You can backup selected activities into file.
  2. You can restore that file into the course to create a new copy of all of those activities.
  3. The copy is normally created in the same Section (Week) that contained the originals, so you then need to drag and drop each activity individually into the next Week. (This is slow but easy.)
  4. Finally, you need to edit each activity in each Week to make it specifically relevant.

Achieving this efficiently depends a little on what capability you want learners to demonstrate. There might be modules or plugins that accomplish more of what is needed in each stage, or handle re-entry better, which could reduce the effort involved in duplication.

Could you describe the intended learning a little more? I think it will be educational for us (i.e. me!). I usually want learners to undertake activity that is a bit more advanced or addressing a somewhat different skill in each stage, so it's hard to get my head around the idea of duplicating a lot.

Cheers, 

Russell

In reply to Russell Waldron

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

As I am designing a new course, there are 6 entries that are needed for each week of the course

Turn in of Weekend Homework.
Lecture A
Reading assignment A
Lecture B
Reading assignment B
Assignment for Weekend.

I want to establish all the settings, copy the structure to each week, then customize each entry as needed.  I know I am dreaming but it would be nice if the dates would advance a week with each paste.

So far, any remedy seems to be just as much work than that to duplicate each and move them individually however the backup/restore looks inviting if I can restore the group into a specific week.