Weird issue adding badges from Moodle to Backpack

Weird issue adding badges from Moodle to Backpack

by MIke Buchanon -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All,
I'm seeing an weird issue when trying to add a badge from my Moodle Development site to my Backpack.  I get an error from the Backpack site that reads "We have encountered the following problem: Internal error; please try again later".  Not super helpful.  This DEV site is SSLed and we use an F5 load balancer to offload the SSL.  

Looking at the tEXt in the PNG, I see a valid URL pointing back to my DEV site that appears to work (valid url and assertion hash).

Setting up another Moodle 2.5 DEV site on another network, not SSLed, not load balanced, etc, works without a hitch.

My guess is that there's something going on that's preventing the Mozilla Backpack site from properly accessing the assertion.php page.  I'm a bit flabbergasted as the URL 'baked' into the PNGs work, but, the Backpack site won't add the badge.  If I only had access to the Backpack site's logs smile

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome.  Thank you all and have a wonderful day!
/mtb

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MIke Buchanon

Re: Weird issue adding badges from Moodle to Backpack

by Mark Smithers -

Hi Mike,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? I am getting it at the moment and wondered if it was because Moodle is running in a subdomain.

Cheers

Mark