ad banners

ad banners

by jessica gonzalez -
Number of replies: 4

Hello! I am an elementary school teacher and am trying to create a reading comprehension reading station for my students for the upcoming school year.  I would like to know if there is a way to get rid of the ad banners as they would cause a big distraction and are not child friendly.  Thank you. 

Jessica

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jessica gonzalez

Re: ad banners

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Where do you want to get rid of ad banners from? If you install standard Moodle it comes with no ad Banners at all, where are you seeing them?

In reply to Marcus Green

by jessica gonzalez -

They are on the front page of the site page.

In reply to jessica gonzalez

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you are seeing banners it is nothing to do with Moodle. Can you give more details of where you are installing it and can you include a screen shot of the banners. It could be something to do with your hosting (or even your browser/local machine). If it is publicly visible could you give a URL.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Mike Finney -

I've seen some of the free Moodle hosting companies monetize by running ads on the sites. Wonder if it is one of those.