Get Click on Link using "Insert/Edit Link Option in Lesson

Get Click on Link using "Insert/Edit Link Option in Lesson

by Rodney Wolford -
Number of replies: 1

In previous topic, I tried to use an image map with CSS to divide up a image into clickable segments that would give me both a rollover and a link (see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=230231).

Joseph said "I'm afraid you want to stretch the Moodle Lesson activity to more than it can do."

So, instead, I have sliced the image up and inserted it into a table. Now each slice can activate its own actions, such as an image swap on mouseover.

Next step, I think, is to add a "clickon" option using the insert/edit link to generate a "pop-up" for each table segment, opening it as a "New Window."

I can make a link, say to google.com, that opens in a separate window (using popup and events), but I don't quite know how I would link this to a small text window that contained its own "clickon" link and I am not sure how I could control the location of the window relative to the initiating "clickon" from the insert/edit link.

Does anyone have a sample script or html that can give me a hint about how to do this?

Thanks again,

Rod Wolford

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodney Wolford

Re: Get Click on Link using "Insert/Edit Link Option in Lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Rod,

What you want to do is not strictly related to the Lesson activity. I suggest you re-post your question to the General developer forum where you are more likely to get help.

And I must say I do not understand this paragraph: "I can make a link, say to google.com, that opens in a separate window (using popup and events), but I don't quite know how I would link this to a small text window that contained its own "clickon" link and I am not sure how I could control the location of the window relative to the initiating "clickon" from the insert/edit link."

Joseph