Wiki Comments Order Problem

Wiki Comments Order Problem

by Trevar Pearce -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there,

We are experiencing a problem with the order of comments in the Moodle Wiki tool. I've done extensive searching in the forums here and in the Moodle issue tracker, but haven't been able to find anyone else describing the same problem (my apologies if I overlooked something).

We are currently running Moodle 2.2.4 and the Wiki is set up to use Separate Groups.

What are we are finding is that comments are not always posted in chronological order. It seems to be triggered by editing a comment, though this does not immediately re-order the comments. The edited comment is generally date-stamped correctly with the updated date and time, and is placed at the bottom of the comments. However, subsequent new comments are often inserted somewhere in the middle of the comment thread. To date, in testing, we have not been able to determine a pattern for the misplacements. All new and edited comments appear to be correctly date-stamped.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Trevar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trevar Pearce

Re: Wiki Comments Order Problem

by Neil Manson -

I am also using Wikis in separate groups on Moodle 2, and have the same problem. This makes it very difficult to assess the flow of comments when a student adds a comment in reply to a previous comment.

~ Neil

In reply to Neil Manson

Re: Wiki Comments Order Problem

by Jack Doughlas -
I am getting same problem and i am trying to fix it. If someone can help me regarding it. Regards Jack.