delete wiki page

delete wiki page

by eamonn power -
Number of replies: 8
Can anyone tell me how to delete a page from a wiki?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to eamonn power

Re: delete wiki page

by d cameron -
Hi,

Sadly I do not have the answer but rather the same question. I would like to be able to either rename or delete pages.

Any ideas or should these things just not be done in a wiki smile
In reply to d cameron

by lea virgile -
You can delete wiki pages if you have at least teacher privilege.
- if you use ewiki, go to "administration" (up right of your page) and choose "delete pages". You can only delete orphaned pages so you must previously remove links to pages you want to delete.
- if you use nwiki, go on the page to want to delete, click on "admininistration" and choose "delete page (name of the page).

I do not think there is a way to rename pages but maybe I just didn't find it.
hope it helps
vl

In reply to lea virgile

by Chris Sargeant -

Hi

I tried the instructions above for the ewiki but nothing happened and the orphaned page is still there. I checked and there is no content in the orphaned page and no links. I went in as a teacher. Any ideas on what to do now?

In reply to Chris Sargeant

by lea virgile -
Can you describe exactly what happen when "nothing happen" ?
When you ask "delete pages" in Administration, you are supposed to get a list of empty and orphaned pages. Then you can choose which one you want to delete. I noticed sometime some orphaned pages don't appear in this list. I do not know what can be done then.
In reply to lea virgile

by Chris Sargeant -

Hi Lea

Yes, I select 'Remove pages' as an administraor and the following statement comes up with no list: (P.S. we are using Moodle 1.8.4)

Remove pagesHelp with Remove pages (new window)

Note that only unreferenced pages will be listed here. And because the ewiki engine itself does only limited testing if a page is referenced it may miss some of them here.
If you however empty a page first, it will get listed here too. Various other database diagnostics are made as well.

<input type="hidden" name="userid" value="

by lea virgile -

The only idea, if you haven't done it yet, is to empty the orphaned pages you want to delete. Then they should show up in the list, not because they are unreferenced but because they are empty.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what to do in this case, sorry !
Maybe someone else will be able to help...

vl

In reply to lea virgile

by Chris Sargeant -

Thanks for your ideas. Yes I had tried emptying the page first but no success.

The good news is that I tried removing pages via a Firefox browser at home and it worked. I then tried it at work with their Windows browser and it did not work.

I would be keen to here from anyone who can provide an explanation for this.

Thanks

Chris

by Sharon McMenemy Khan -

Strange clitch. I had the same problem. I left the wiki part of the course, then I went back in and it deleted the page.

Before that it seemed to be selecting update. Maybe just a caching or a mouse over problem.