Upgraded 2.3.3 to 2.5+ now menu arrows wont work

Upgraded 2.3.3 to 2.5+ now menu arrows wont work

by Jeff Green -
Number of replies: 6

I copied my working site's moodledata folder to another location and also copied the db to a new one. I then copied the latest git to a new location on my server and tried upgrading the test site. Everything seemed to have upgraded but once it finishes and I log in, none of the menu arrows to expand/collapse headings work. If I turn on debugging, it's complaining about "YUI not defined". Anyone else have this issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Green

Re: Upgraded 2.3.3 to 2.5+ now menu arrows wont work

by Sebastian Bardt -

@Jeff_Green

We faced the same kind of issue after an upgrade from Moodle 2.3 to 2.5. Besides the problem with the menu, the 'Add a resource...'- as well as the 'Add an activity...'-button are not working in editing mode.

Initially we used the Clean theme for our site but tried to change to another theme to check if the problem depends on the special theme setting. But no luck.

In reply to Sebastian Bardt

by Sebastian Bardt -

Update

JavaScript Console Errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<error> has no method 'get'

yui_combo.php:27

In reply to Jeff Green

by David Hempy -

Same here, upgrading 2.3.4 to 2.5

Oddly, we upgraded our test server a few weeks ago, and it does not have this problem.  They are *extremely* similar installations.

FWIW,

-dave

In reply to David Hempy

by Adam Barbary -

I ran into a few anomalies with an upgrade from 2.3.4 to 2.4, even though this succeeded on a clone of the system. I then upgraded to 2.3.4 to 2.3.9 which appeared to resolve the issues. Am now planing to move to 2.5.1 and skip 2.4.

In reply to Jeff Green

by Ryan Kelley -

anyone find a fix for this yet?