"Turn Editing On" in the breadcrumbs

"Turn Editing On" in the breadcrumbs

by Adam Morris -
Number of replies: 5

Just wondering if any of you experienced theme designers would know of a good way of using getting the turn editing on button in the breadcrumbs. Or will I have to mod something in course/?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adam Morris

Re: "Turn Editing On" in the breadcrumbs

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Adam,

What theme (and moodle version) are you using and what pages do you not see the Turn Editing On button.

I have the turn editing on buttton visible on my moodle in both my theme and in Standard.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Adam Morris -

I'm using theme decaf and Moodle 2.5. I don't see the Turn Editing On button because that's a feature of the theme. 

I'm thinking of getting it back but don't really know how. I'm thinking maybe I'd like it to be in the breadcrumbs area.

In reply to Adam Morris

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In Decaf the Turn Editing On button is removed if you select the option for persistent editing in the decaf settings page. If you set this option back to 'no' you should get the button back on course pages.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Adam Morris -

Thanks, I get this now. 

What I'd like now is to modify the icon so that it looks like an On/Off switch. I just need to find the bit in the code, but can't seem to find the bit in the code that does it. Any help?

In reply to Adam Morris

by Adam Morris -

Oh I see, I just override the edit_button function! Easy.