Difficulties Resetting a Quiz

Difficulties Resetting a Quiz

by Robert Stephens -
Number of replies: 5

I have an online summer course starting tomorrow.  I had someone's class copied over to mine.  So everything is already set up.  I was playing with Exam #1 just to get a feel for it.  I open it up and just answered a few questions.  Then I bored and closed out the exam.  It gave me a score and locked me out of the exam.  I can't figure out how to reset my own exam. 

I have looked up some posts.  They say to look at the scores for the exams, and I can reset the exam there.  When I look at the exam page, there is no option to view scores for the exam. 

I have posted a picture of the options on the left.  We are using Moodle 2, but not the most current version of Moodle. 

I thank you for any help.

Attachment Reset_Quiz_.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Stephens

Re: Difficulties Resetting a Quiz

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Robert

Go to your quiz for which you want to delete your attempt, then in the navigation block on the left you will see a open menu like this as shown below

u need to expand the results . then click on grade link. Select 'All users who have attempted the quiz' from the Attempts from drop down list and click show reports, you will get a table. select the attempt you want to delete and click on 'Delete selected attempts.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

As a teacher, when you play with a quiz, what you are doing is a "Preview", not a real "Attempt".

Moodle tries to make a preview look as much like a real attempt as possible, hence the fact that you get "locked out" if the quiz only allows one attempt. However, you can always use the Preview link in the settings/adminstration block on the left, even if you can't see the button in the main quiz interface.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Robert Stephens -

I see.  I think I understand.  Thank you for explaining it to me. 

by Sarah Ricketts -

We have an induction course that contains a number of quizzes and conditional activities.  The learner is restricted from moving forward in a course until a 'pass' mark of 10 out of 15 is achieved for one of the quizzes.  This appears to be working fine for our learners.  If they fall below the pass mark they get a red cross in the activity completion box and are restricted from continuing - subsequent 'pass' attempts lead to a green tick and the ability to move forward.

But - we have non-editing teachers who have been browsing and want to see how their learners experience this induction course.  The non-editing teacher in question, took the quiz and received less than the pass mark (therefore sees a red cross in the activity completion box).  On subsequent attempts, he receives the pass mark and it won't change to a green tick.  I presume this is because he is only able to 'preview' the quiz rather than take a real attempt.  I cannot remove his first 'attempt/preview' to remove the red cross, allowing him to experience the green tick.  I hope I am explaining myself - and if so, is there a way to remove his 'attempt' to reset it?  The alternative is to tell non-editing teachers that if they fail the first time they cannot change it to a green tick?

Kind regards,
Sarah

In reply to Sarah Ricketts

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

To test properly, create a new user account called somethign like "Test User", enrol that user in the course as a Student, and then login as that user to test.