Dragmath Equation Editor popup not displaying

Dragmath Equation Editor popup not displaying

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 12

I'm using Moodle 2.4 and when I click on the dragmath equation editor icon on the wysiwyg editor, it will pop up a popup but it will not show the equation editor interface. See the attached screeenshot. I'm hoping this is a simple answer although I've tried searching online and I can't seem to get an answer :/

Attachment Screen shot 2013-05-23 at 1.49.33 PM (1).png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: Dragmath Equation Editor popup not displaying

by Melissa Benson -

FYI - After I upgraded my Java on my PC, it worked in Firefox on there. However, it still does not work on any browser on my Mac. I have higher than Java 1.5 and the java tests are saying that my java is working. I'm running Mac Verison 10.6.8, updated browsers and updates java versions. Any help? sad Oh, and I'm running java 1.6 on my mac.

by John Iglar -

Confirmed Mac issue.

Works fine on Ubuntu. Windows seems OK. Mac ....sad - multiple browsers fail.

In reply to John Iglar

by John Iglar -

FIX

It is a Java issue.

Using 10.7.5 - Java needed updating. Downloaded and installed Oracle's Java 7 Update 21.

Went to insert DragMath - got same blank screen. Clicked "Insert" and got some security message. Told Java to allow the applet to work and then it started working. (Then asked me did I want to block or unblock "unsafe" applications. I clicked "block" and I still get the Security Warning. But I can "accept the risk" and Run.

So update to latest & allow it to run.

In reply to John Iglar

by Melissa Benson -

I have the latest version of Java (6). I can't install Java 7 because I'm not running Lion it said.

I think the problem is that security warning that is supposed to come up and you're supposed to allow, never comes up - even after clicking insert. When I upgraded Java on my PC, it popped up that message, I clicked allow and it worked. But after upgrading Java on my Mac, that little thing never came up for me to allow sad

I also got that "it's unsafe" message too, when on my PC. The problem is basically after upgrading to the latest version of Java on my Mac - I can not get that security risk or "allow" screen to pop up - so frustrating! Are you on a Mac?

by John Iglar -

Hi Melissa. I'm running 10.7.5 - that's Lion.

Just tested on a SnowLeopard Mac (10.6.8) and with the latest Java, got a pop-up saying an application was asking for access. I clicked allow and it worked.

by Marc Grober -

Try dumping your caches (including the java cache) then test and post contents of java console

In reply to Marc Grober

by Melissa Benson -

Is there a separate action to dump the java cache, or will clearing the main cache of the browser get it all?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

In Safari, go to Preferences, Security.  Check that Java is enabled and if you have a Websites link, check that your Moodle server is set to always allow.  If you are using Chrome, Java will not work on a Mac since Java 1.6 due to it being 64 bit and Chrome only being 32 bit (Actually, not sure if this affects Chrome on Snow Leopard or not).

In reply to Emma Richardson

by John Iglar -

Just checked my SnowLeopard machine - it runs Chrome & Java. Dragmath loads up OK. (Have to enable it - see screenshot)

10.6.8 running in 32-bit mode (default). Java version 6. (Both 64bit and 32bit modes of Java are installed - apparently. DIdn't do anything special for that.)

Dragmath works in Chrome, Firefox, Safari. 

In reply to John Iglar

by Melissa Benson -

I am not able to ever get that yellow bar up on top sad. That's the problem. I believe I had all of the security settings correct. I'm in the middle of upgrading to lion right now, so I'm actually unable to troubleshoot with the older OS. I also think I did try clearing my cache as well before and it didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe I can try to find another computer with 10.6.

by Melissa Benson -

I upgraded to lion and upgraded to java 7. I had to allow it to run but it works.

However, i might just be doing it wrong but..when I add some symbols and click "insert" it doesn't appear to be working? it doesn't insert it into the editor.