immediate feedback in quiz

immediate feedback in quiz

by Prathibha B -
Number of replies: 8

Moodle version: 2.3

How to suppress the answer checking in quiz. On clicking "Check" button the correct answer should get displayed without validating the answer?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Prathibha B

Re: immediate feedback in quiz

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Prathibha

What i understand is you want to show right answer to the user immeadiately when he answers the answer the question and click Check. Is i am right. It can be done.

First set Immediate feedback for setting 'How questions behave' under question behaviour section.

Under review options Set the following for 'During the attempt'

Specific feedback

General feedback

Right answer

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Prathibha B -

What I need is question bank which displays the question and the corresponding answer on clicking "Show/Hide Answer".

In reply to Prathibha B

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are you saying you want them to be able to see the answer without giving an answer?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Prathibha B,

We fail to understand what you are really wanting to do. It would help if you said WHO (which role) wants the feature you are describing (teacher or student) and to what purpose.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Prathibha B -

As a student, he/she should be view the question and answers. It should be a page containing set of questions and answers. 

Attachment question-answer.png
In reply to Prathibha B

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Why do you want to give them the opportunity to hide the answer once they have seen the answer?

I can imagine a scenario whereby you might give students to go over all of the questions with the answers visible, and then after a suitable delay go over them with answers hidden and expect them to give the correct answer. However that does not appear to be what you are asking.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Brandi Gann -

I have my setting marked exactly like this and they still do not show the student the correct answer.  I am using it in my medical terminology course where each bank has at least 200 questions and I add another chapter bank each time.  So they really need to see if they are getting it correct as they will have thousands of possible choices by the end of the course for my random block.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

In reply to Prathibha B

by Douglas Broad -

What it sounds like you want is a practice environment where a page could display a question and and answer worked out.  A student could hide the answer process and then attempt it himself.  The quiz module is not set up to do that.  You can easily do that with a page resource of your own creation (not one done with Moodle since content creators have no access to the html document head).  You must do it offline.  Create a button that toggles the display property of the div element that has the answer.