'You have quizzes that are due'

'You have quizzes that are due'

by Iris Steele -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I am using version 2.4.3.

I hope you can help me.  I have made two groups of students and enrolled them in separate quizzes on a course.  Each quiz has been set with one attempt and an opening date/time and closing date/time, (this is approximately 1 month). 

I have noticed that when my students have attempted and completed their quiz which they have been assigned to, and they have no more quizzes to do, the following message appears in ‘My Home’; ‘You have quizzes that are due’:

Quizzes due

This is very confusing for the student as they are looking for further quizzes to complete.   In order for this message not to be displayed, I had to remove the time and closing date of the quiz.  When this was done the above message was no longer visible.

However I have used these times and dates in previous versions of Moodle and really need to be able to close the quiz down on a specified date.  Please could this be fixed so that this confusing message does not appear?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iris Steele

Re: 'You have quizzes that are due'

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Iris

You need to set group mode to 'separate group' under common module settings in each Quiz setting page

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Iris Steele -

Hi Sakshi

Thanks for this but I already have set the group mode set to 'separate group' in each quiz. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

settings

In reply to Iris Steele

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I confirm this display and agree that it is most confusing to the student.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Khari Kambon -

This problem still exists in v2.9.4. The student has made 3 attempts on the quiz, yet it still shows under "you have quizzes that are due".  I don't want to have to remove the close date because I need it until all students have taken it. Is there another way to resolve this?