Problems with the pictures in Hot Potatoes downloading

Problems with the pictures in Hot Potatoes downloading

by Elissa Callaghan -
Number of replies: 6

Hi Everyone,

I have been struggling all day with uploading my Hot Potatoes quiz into Moodle. I manage to upload all of the questions successfully, including the index that I made, however, none of the pictures will open.

The picture are an important part of the quiz. I am not the most experiences person when it comes to computer platforms, I'm afraid.

Could anyone possibly help me with this problem? Some of the pictures are .png and others are .jpg.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Elissa

Attachment screenshot.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elissa Callaghan

Re: Problems with the pictures in Hot Potatoes downloading

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Here are some things you might like to check:

• are sure that you have uploaded the pictures to the Moodle server
  • are you sure you are using a relative URL instead of an absolute URL to specify the image within the Hot Potatoes exercise
  • try renaming the image file to remove the spaces, and change the the URL used in the Hot Potatoes exercise accordingly

any better?

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Tatyana Chance -

Gordon, I've got the same problem with images. 

I am just a teacher, not a programmer, so I can't understand: 

How can I upload the images to the Moodle server? Are there any restrictions about the format of the image?

What is a relative URL? Where can I find it? 

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Tatyana Chance

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Tatyana,
you upload the images to the same place that you uploaded the Hot Potatoes file. 

If your image is a jpg or gif or png, it should work fine, but it is better to remove spaces from the image file name.

If you continue to have problems, please try uploading your Hot Potatoes file + image to my server, so that we can look at it together:

best regards
Gordon

by Tatyana Chance -

Thanks a lot, Gordon. I understood everything. It works fine now.

by Kevser UYANIK -

Hi Gordon! I've problems with the pictures in hot potatoes. I did quiz,match and cross for my assignment last night. It looked fine but today I've checked them and I couldn't see the pictures that I've inserted. How can I solve this problem? It is very important for me.