Capability 'ignorefilesizelimits' does not work by itself

Capability 'ignorefilesizelimits' does not work by itself

by Mark Pearson -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle 2.4.3+
According to the Tracker entry File System Repository files limited by PHP upload_max_filesize limits adding the capability Capabilities/moodle/course:ignorefilesizelimits to the Teacher role should allow users with this role to restore course backup files >system limit (in this case >128Mb). This is simply not the case. Users persistently get an error 'This file is bigger than the maximum size' when attempting to restore moodle2 course backups >128Mb. However, the site administrator can execute the restore. So there seems to be another capability which is also required. Anyone have an idea of which capability(s) these might be?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Pearson

Re: Capability 'ignorefilesizelimits' does not work by itself

by Mark Pearson -

I sorted out the problem. I was attempting to restore a course with an account with the Manager role into a new course using Settings : Front page settings > Restore.  I had set the capability ignorefilesizelimits for this role but when I checked the Front page permissions with Settings : Front page settings > Users > Permissions > Check permissions I found that indeed the capability ignorefilesizelimits did not include the Manager role. So I added this and, hey presto, Managers are now able to restore courses > 128Mb to new instances from Front Page restore.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)