Recent Activity Block – Please bring it back!!!

Recent Activity Block – Please bring it back!!!

gan Karrie V -
Number of replies: 8

Is there an option to keep the recent activity block ? I for one prefer it to the new view for the following reasons:

1. It tracks in time order I may be logged on for an hour and every time I refresh the newest posts go to the bottom and I never miss anything by logging out and logging back in. With the new format in forum order it is very possible to overlook a new post since it is not in chronological order.
  2. I like to see the most recent changes by the teacher show up on the side so that I know to check those areas out first
  3. I like to see if anyone is in the chat this prompts students to log into the chat room

I do LOVE all the new features, this is just one change that I personally dont care for.

Cyfartaledd sgoriau: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Recent Activity Block – Please bring it back!!!

gan Martin Dougiamas -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Moodle HQ Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers
This is just me playing with the course, trying to make it cope better with the huge traffic.  Moodle itself hasn't changed.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

gan Karrie V -

I am sooooooooooo glad to hear that. I got scared when it disappeared!! I use this block ALL the time!

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

gan Jens Gammelgaard -
Llun o Translators

Hi Martin!

Would it be a problem to have a feature, where resent activities actually are the most resent: So that the newest post are shown first and then descending?

Have I overseen this feature?

BR
Jens

In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

gan Gustav W Delius -
Now that blocks can have configuration options this would be easy to implement and I would like it. The way the activities are ordered currently does not work well for people who tend to remain logged on for long periods. 
In reply to Gustav W Delius

gan Karrie V -
I'm glad to see I am not the only one who likes the old way better gwenu
In reply to Karrie V

gan Howard Miller -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Peer reviewers Llun o Plugin developers
...and when did it start showing exactly 48 hours worth of recent activity rather than since the last login? This has produced a significant number of complaints since we upgraded our production servers to 1.4.4.
In reply to Howard Miller

gan Martin Dougiamas -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Moodle HQ Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers
There's been no changes there in a long time ... 48 hours is a maximum, as I recall, otherwise, yes, it does use last login (try logging out and getting back in)