Buy enrollement key

Buy enrollement key

by Andrew Akhtar -
Number of replies: 8

Does anyone know if the following would be possible using a plugin or available third party software.

1. For an organisation to purchase an enrollment key for a course for a number of users.  (Example buy 20 place on course X.  Issue user with an enrollment key)

2. The enrollment key is issues to users by the organisation to enroll on the course. 

3.Once the number purchased is exhusted no more users can enroll with that key.

I guess some ecommerce platform will be required to pruchase the key and state how many users are to have access to a course.

Without having to code a pluggin is there any way of acheving this using Moodle and possible a third party application?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Akhtar

Re: Buy enrollement key

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andrew,

Have you tried setting up several Self enrolment instances in a course, each with a different enrolment key and a maximum number of enrolled users?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Andrew Akhtar -

Thanks for pointer.  This will certainly work for part of the problem.

Thanks

Andy

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hello Andrew

eLeDia has developed such a feature:

You can create  a number of individual keys that can be used one time per key for a specified course. The plugin has two parts

• a block,creating the keys and sending them via mail
  • an enrolement process

https://github.com/eledia/block_eledia_generate_multikeys

https://github.com/eledia/enrol_elediamultikeys/tree/

You can test them at http://moodle2.de. Login as admin.

Ralf

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Andrew Akhtar -

Thanks this look like it could be useful. I'll take a look at it.

Thank

Andy

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Robert G -

Hi, I realize this is an older thread. The second link is dead. Is there still anything like this? I would like the ability to create unique enrollment codes so students can enroll themselves. I'm using moodle 2.6. Thanks!

Svar: Buy enrollement key

by Alf Martin Johnsen -
We have created a license handling enrollment method, with full control over free licenses, occupied licenses, import of new ones and more. This tool is very useful if you want to hand out license codes and when they are used, every license will be locked to that particular user and course. We also added license categories so you not can use a cheap license code on an expensive course and more. Contact the Moodle Partner eFaktor if interested. smile Alf Martin