Blank Certificate

Blank Certificate

by Scott Chillemi -
Number of replies: 5

I recently installed the certificate module.  Everything seemed to be working fine until I choose the activity, "Certificate" and I received a blank page.  No options to do any configuration.

I followed the online instructions exactly, but obviously I'm missing something critical. 

I've also noticed under the plugin folder for Certificates, when I upload an image, exit, and then come back to the screen - the image is missing. It is as if I didn't do anything.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Chillemi

Re: Blank Certificate

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Scott

Please check that the certificate module you installed is compatible with your Moodle version. secondly turn the debugging on from settings >site administration > development > debugging . Set the debugging to "Developer" and display dubug message to be enable. Then add a certificate module and check the error and post it here.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Scott Chillemi -

Sakshi,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

The site that I downloaded the certificate from said that it worked with Moodle 2.0.  The name of the compressed folder was "mod_certificate_moodle24_2013021200.zip".  I got the file from https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=2166.

The Notification page says my Moodle version is: Moodle 2.0 (Build: 20101125).

I turned on developer debugging, like you suggested and returned to the certificate link.  I received the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::get_cms() in
/home/learn0/public_html/lms/mod/certificate/lib.php on line 879

It sounds like I'm missing  file, right?

Scott

by Scott Chillemi -

I think I got it to work!!

I did a search using the line of code that wasn't working and I found this:

Regarding your issue, it seems the file lib/modinfolib.php was introduced later in the 2.0 branch but not in 2.0.1. To fix your issue simply change the line "$mods = $modinfo->get_cms();" to "$mods = $modinfo->cms;" in mod/certificate/lib.php.

After doing that - everything seemed to work - at least so far. 

Thank you Sakshi!!

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Scott,

You are using a very outdated Moodle version with known security issues. I highly suggest upgrading your Moodle install to a supported version.

Regards,

Mark

In reply to Mark Nelson

by Scott Chillemi -

Mark,

Can you suggest a vendor to me to assist me in upgrading my system?  I need someone who knows both Moodle and the Lunarpages support platform.

I've tried using Lunarpage's tools to do the migration myself and the process crashed.  I tried again after the tools were upgraded with the same result.  Both times I had to restore the system from backup, which caused students to lose progress on quizzes.

Thanks,

Scott