custom text not showing in PDF

custom text not showing in PDF

by Marcus Hoberg -
Number of replies: 5

The actual certficate module (2012081502) installed on moodle 2.3.1 does not show "custom text" in the certificate PDF. The text as such is written correct to the data base mdl_certificate table.

Did anybody else encounter/solve that?

Best regards, Marcus

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Hoberg

Re: custom text not showing in PDF

by Paul Treadwell -

Marcus,

I expereinced a similar issue but once I began using html tags to enclose the text it showed. Perhpas that's helpful?

Best,

Paul

In reply to Paul Treadwell

by Marcus Hoberg -

Hi Paul,

unfortunately this didn´t solve the issue over here. The text and html-code is written properly to the db, but the pdf is still empty.

Thanks, Marcus

In reply to Marcus Hoberg

by Gary Lyon -

Hello Marcus, 

I am experiencing this problem as well. If you were able to resolve it do you recall what your resolution was?

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Gary Lyon

by Dan O'Reilly -

One other thing you might check is Signature Image.  If you created an opaque signature image that is large, it will cover the Custom Text. 

Dan

In reply to Dan O'Reilly

by Gary Lyon -

Thank you for the advice; something I will keep in mind when setting up signatures.

Several days ago I stumbled on a solution. Turns out the last line of certificate.php was:

certificate_print_text($pdf, $custx, $custy, 'L', '', '', '', $certificate->customtext);

When I looked at a newer version I was testing it read (Note the difference in parameters shownin red):

certificate_print_text($pdf, $custx, $custy, 'L', null, null, null, $certificate->customtext);

Since I can't update the entire module I changed the line to read like the newer version and it worked. Hope this helps others who may be experiencing this.