Restrict Access to a page

Restrict Access to a page

Zeid Fanous -
回帖数:4

Hello all,

my client would like a certain page to be available locally on his moodle site  and restricted from outside. is there a way to do this in moodle or the firewall?

Thanks 微笑 

回复Zeid Fanous

Re: Restrict Access to a page

Howard Miller -
Core developers的头像 Documentation writers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像

Not easily, no. Definitely not in Moodle. 

Anyway, what do you mean by "restrict". Take it away from the course listings or more than that?

回复Zeid Fanous

Farhan Karmali -
Core developers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Testers的头像

An easier way to do it could be , checking the User id, if the user ids are known.

Or you may check the users IP address . All these are available in the $USER object.

回复Zeid Fanous

Richard Price -

Hi Zeid,
Do you mean that in a building office or campus it is visible to those users, but to anyone logging in from elsewhere, not seen?

If so, you can reference a html page held on a local server (within the subnet) hold it in an iframe or link to it (using the ip address). Outside of the network it will not be displayed. This can be done without hacking moodle.

回复Richard Price

Zeid Fanous -

Hello Richard...

thank you for the reply :0 

this is exactly what i want.. but does this mean that i put the page on a different ip and reference it through a network ip..am i gettng it right ?

would it lose tracking by moodle ?