Restrict Access to a page

Restrict Access to a page

by Zeid Fanous -
Number of replies: 4

Hello all,

my client would like a certain page to be available locally on his moodle site  and restricted from outside. is there a way to do this in moodle or the firewall?

Thanks smile 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zeid Fanous

Re: Restrict Access to a page

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Not easily, no. Definitely not in Moodle. 

Anyway, what do you mean by "restrict". Take it away from the course listings or more than that?

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Farhan Karmali -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

An easier way to do it could be , checking the User id, if the user ids are known.

Or you may check the users IP address . All these are available in the $USER object.

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Richard Price -

Hi Zeid,
Do you mean that in a building office or campus it is visible to those users, but to anyone logging in from elsewhere, not seen?

If so, you can reference a html page held on a local server (within the subnet) hold it in an iframe or link to it (using the ip address). Outside of the network it will not be displayed. This can be done without hacking moodle.

In reply to Richard Price

by Zeid Fanous -

Hello Richard...

thank you for the reply :0 

this is exactly what i want.. but does this mean that i put the page on a different ip and reference it through a network ip..am i gettng it right ?

would it lose tracking by moodle ?