Seeing all assignments submitted by each student

Seeing all assignments submitted by each student

by Warren Linds -
Number of replies: 3

I am able to see all marked assignments through the grade book but I cannot figure out if there is a way to click on a student name and see all the assignmetns that have been submitted by a particular student. I have a lot of assignments for my yearlong course and no matter how much I train the students in moodle,there is always a few assignments that get uploaded in the wrong assignment place. Usually I have to go through all the assignments to track the wayward assignment, and once I accidentally found an assignment submitted in the wrong place, but surely there must be some way in moodle to see what students have submitted which assignments and where. (I am talking here about essays that are submitted). Thanks if you can help me. I am tearing my hair out now, trying to find all the assignments that are due for particular students.

If it matters, we are working in 2.3 here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Warren Linds

Re: Seeing all assignments submitted by each student

by Paula Clough -

Warren,

I don't know about seeing all the assignments as a list.  I am wondering if all these assignments need to be left open all the time, or could they be closed and dated so that they are only are open during a shorter period of time and make your search easier. 

Paula cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Warren Linds -

No, it wouldn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.

What I am looking for would make moodle so much more user friendly.

In reply to Warren Linds

by Richard B -

It looks like Moodle isn't going to work for the task at hand.

After a little further investigating it turns out that Drupal 7's module 'Entity Reference' does the job quite well. The module is being built into Drupal 8.

For those not familiar with Drupal it's like WordPress on steriods. There is a steep learning curve, but worth it. It is better suited for larger organizations where it is used most often.