Course Backup Errors (fileinfo extension and cannot_finish_ui_if_not_setting_ui)

Course Backup Errors (fileinfo extension and cannot_finish_ui_if_not_setting_ui)

by Rich Solomon -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I've been attempting ot backup a course to be able to restore at a later date without user data.  I first just tried it as an IMC Cartridge.  I get the "Must install fileinfo extension".  Well, not sure how to do that.  So I then I unchecked the IMS Cartridge, and just checked the activities and blocks.  It then immediately fails with the "cannot_finish_ui_if_not_setting_ui" error. 

I'm running 2.4 on a Windows server.  The only "UI" think I can posisble think of is that I've installed Collapsed Topics recently, but another backup went off without a hitch after using it.  So I don't know.  Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rich Solomon

Re: Course Backup Errors (fileinfo extension and cannot_finish_ui_if_not_setting_ui)

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

The IMS Cartridge is a newly introduced mod, essentially a common capsule of course materials that can be zipped and unzipped. AFAIK, the only activities that can be exported to IMS Cartridge are Forums, page resources, some quizzes, labels and URL resources. There may be other things by now, but if you are trying to include some other activities, then it may not happen. As it is still in its infancy, I would be a little reluctant to use it as anything other than a testing tool.

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Course Backup Errors (fileinfo extension and cannot_finish_ui_if_not_setting_ui)

by Rich Solomon -

Fair enough...I was in fact just trying it...and the course is very basic with only some powerpoints involved, and no student info.  But I did back out anyway and tried another backup normally just choosing Activities alone.  Thats when I got the UI error.