Table has no grid lines

Table has no grid lines

by Wayne Foster -
Number of replies: 6

Hello, I've just inserted a table into my Page (3 columns, 20 rows, text as headings for each of the columns). In the WYSIWYG editor it looks fine but when I click Save And Display the grid lines are not showing. Tried looking at the saved table in IE10 and Firefox but it looks the same in both. Here is the HTML code that sets up the table: <table align="center" style="border: 2px solid #000000;" border="1" cellpadding="0">

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wayne Foster

Re: Table has no grid lines

by Laura Brunning -

Hi,

We had the same problem.  I believe it is a known problem (in 2.2 anyway)

Only way we could find to get around it was to manually add the border style to every table cell in the html, not just the main <table> at the top

e.g.

<td style="border: thin solid;">blah blah </td> for each one

If there's an easier way, I'd like to know too smile

Cheers, Laura

In reply to Wayne Foster

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi wayne

Go to page where you insert table and edit it and then select a table cell, right click in it and you will get option for cell > edit cell properties. Click on advanced tab above it and select the border color for example black and save it and finally save the page.

for example

2 2
2 2
In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Wayne Foster -

Thank you Sakshi and Laura,

Seems an awkward way to make this happen. Maybe a kind developer out there is working on this. We are using 2.3 so when I edited one cell I got the option to apply the edit to all cells so I guess it wasn't difficult to do the whole table. I suppose doing it this way means there is a high degree of cutomisation as to how the table can look. It was just difficult to know what to do.

Thank you for your help,

Wayne.

In reply to Wayne Foster

by Paula Clough -

Wayne,

Highlighting all the cells you want to modify and then right clicking  for the menue will also give you the same choosen effect in all those cells. Especially if you want to do something different in different rows or columns. I really like the background colors as well to set off the tables and make them easier to read.

Paula cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Mira Vogel -

Hiya,

Try using the Tiny MCE editor (if you have it and it's not the default you can enable it in your profile) and then when you change the properties of a table cell, you get the chance to roll out those changes to other cells too - see screencap.

Mira

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Wayne Foster

by Firdaus Kamaruzaman -

1. Highlight the table
  2. Right Click
  3. Table Properties
  4. Give "Border" value of 1
  5. Update and save