Quiz security: Students taking screenshots of quizzes on I-pads.

Quiz security: Students taking screenshots of quizzes on I-pads.

by dave lightbody -
Number of replies: 2

We've switched to Moodle for most of our assessments for HS-level Spanish classes.  While we have enjoyed almost every aspect of the moodle quiz (students taking quizzes on I-pads, in class), we know we have a major security concern:  Students may take screen shots of the quiz, and save them for other students to use that day.  Is there anything we can do to combat this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to dave lightbody

Re: Quiz security: Students taking screenshots of quizzes on I-pads.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. I'm not sure there is - I don't know enough about ipads to know if you can disable screenshots somehow but certainly on most devices you can take screenshot of Moodle materials if you are determined to have a copy of them. The only thing I could suggest would be to have so many questions randomly displayed that it's difficult for students to screenshot them all (and answer) them in the time.

In reply to dave lightbody

Re: Quiz security: Students taking screenshots of quizzes on I-pads.

by Frank Uy -

Server-side, it is impossible to prevent client users from capturing media that they are supposed to view. There are expensive ways to make it more difficult (e.g. DRM like Netflix) but on a school budget, nothing you can do would stop them.

If the iPads are all school-owned, you could install PadLock or something similar to restrict the users.