Adobe Connect

Adobe Connect

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -
Number of replies: 4

Does anyone have experience with plugins for Moodle that would offer similar functionality to Adobe Connect? Or have you switched to Moodle and seen that you don't need Adobe Connect?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bonnie Mioduchoski

Re: Adobe Connect

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Adobe Connect..hahahahahaaaa!!!!

EDIT: Sorry, that was really unneccessary sarcasm..  No, you don't need Adobe Connect... and actually, I would argue that outside of InDesign, it is likely that there is nothing else of Adobe that anyone really needs, not anymore.

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -

Hi Colin,

If you want to use webinars and share your screen, what would you recommend? I've been looking into big blue button.

In reply to Bonnie Mioduchoski

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

BBB has a good reputation, there is the occasional glitch but not often and the BBB community can be helpful. Depending on your situation, costs may play a role in your decision making processes. I suspect that BBB may be a little less financial drain than Connect. They both use the same technologies so there is no hardware savings to be made, it is only in licensing. Overall, if you are a large company unfamiliar or uncomfortable with Open Source, the (what we laughingly call) support of known predators like Adobe or Microsoft may be a more attractive option.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Bonnie Mioduchoski -

Hi Colin,

Thanks - I appreciate your insight. We are a small company (a nonprofit) and don't have a dedicated support person. I think that's why Adobe has been good so far. I do like BBB but am not sure we'll be on a server set up that will support it yet. We may consider moving to Amazon Web Services but that's definitely over my head right now. smile Thank you!!