Ok, it is done!
I have been trying all day to upload the plugins using the "Register a new plugin" application. However, I couldn't figure out how to make it work and my uploaded files were never accepted. So any help at this would be really appretiated
I was going to attached here the zip files with the modules we have developed but upload size limit wasn't big enough. However, you can find them here: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-3733
Also, here is a small introduction.
You will find three different plugins:
- vrlab -> This one is a module, so you should place it in your mod folder. It allows you to add EJS applets as new activities into your moodle courses.
- vrlab_file_browser -> This is a small modification of the "My private files" block from version 2.1. It is able to receive files from the EJS applets added to your courses using the vrlab activity. It also recognizes EJS state files (which are in .xml format) so when you click in one of those files in your vrlab_file_browser block, Moodle will redirect you to the appropiate vrlab activity instance, load the EJS applet, read the xml file and load the simulation state previously saved.
- vrlab_collab_session -> This is a new block which can be used along with the vrlab activity to create collaborative sessions for the collaborative features of EJS. Thanks to it, users can synchronously collaborate as they can work at the same time with the same EJS applet.
Requirements: EJS (build 120613 or later) and Moodle (it was tested on versions 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2, although during the last months we only used it with version 2.2).
In the next few days I will create some videos explaining how to use the three plugins so you can benefit from all the features described above.
Meanwhile, please feel free to try out our plugins. If you use EJS Im sure you will really love them. And if you do not know what EJS is (see my messages above), and you need to add experimentation capabilities in your Moodle course, you should really check it out.
By the way, this is my problem with the "Register a new plugin" application, just in case anyone can help me here (sorry for the offtopic):
- When I try to upload the zip with the vrlab plugin (haven't tried the other two yet), the Frankenstyle name is automatically set to mod_mod_vrlab. I guess this should be mod_vrlab so I must have an additional mod_ (which shouldn't be there) somewhere in a php file this application is reading.
- When I change that name manually to mod_vrlab (I'm also selecting the checkbox "Rename root directory", just in case it should be named mod_vrlab and not vrlab), the page http://moodle.org/plugins/registerplugin.php seems to load something but then it stays blank.
- Also, if I just select the checkbox "Rename root directory" (just in case it should be named mod_vrlab and not vrlab), I have exactly the same problem as in the last point.