How to handle/manage password on Tests/quizes (moodle 2.3)

How to handle/manage password on Tests/quizes (moodle 2.3)

by Hans B0s -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

A lot of my quizes are password protected.

But with a lot of courses and quizes it gets a bit difficult to manage all those password.

It quite a hassle to get/change a password on a frequent bases.

Wonder if there's a way to manage these password system wide?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hans.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans B0s

Re: How to handle/manage password on Tests/quizes (moodle 2.3)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Can I ask you to take a step back here. 'Managing quiz passwords' is not a goal. It is a means to some end. To what end are you adding passwords? How does this help your teaching, your students?

Once whe know what you are really trying to achive, we can then change your question to be: What is the most effective way to do X? rather than What is the most effective way to manage quiz passwords?

That is likely to lead to a better final solution.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Hans B0s -

If a student wants to finish his work with a final test he can do so if he's:
- on the school network/LAN.
- Is given the up to date password of the final-test (given by me, his teacher).

The problem is that I would like to change/manage these password in a comfortable/fast way.

That's not the case at this moment.

Hans.

In reply to Hans B0s

by Russell Waldron -

This still comes back to the question of why you need a password at all.

Are you trying to force students to contact you before taking the test? Do you ever refuse to give the password? How do you decide that a student is "worthy"?

Conditional release might be less work for you and more consistent. The test can be hidden from a student until he has completed other tasks or achieved a set score.