Teachers should only see theire own students/courses

Re: Teachers should only see theire own students/courses

by Klaas Hobo -
Number of replies: 1

I have tried for a day to change all kind of permissions and roles to get the job done but I really did not see a way how to do this. The user administration is done in the system at the basic level (and I can understand that) but I would like to handle it in the course level or maybe at the (per) teacher level.

The reason is that the teachers are from different companies and so the users are also. They should never see other users than those they teach to. 

In reply to Klaas Hobo

Re: Teachers should only see theire own students/courses

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That would be a great feature.  I currently, as admin, upload all users but have given teachers the ability to add/delete existing users from their courses as I also do not want them being able to affect other users.  The problem is that user import is a system wide process designed for bulk import and so there are no limitations by course or group.  A course specific import or at least an easier gui for user adding would be a great feature.  I suggest putting a request on the tracker and then post the link here so that we can vote on it.